Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Artist Profiles: Shawn Goudie (Geppetto)

Why are you excited about "Geppetto?'
I l love this take on the story of Pinocchio and am excited to be working with Stephen Murray once again and stretch my drama chops, which I haven't done in quite some time.
 
 
What is the craziest thing you've done on stage?
I once performed a monologue for the Gong Show at WNEP that finished with me completely in the nude. I was also with the sketch comedy group, The Dolphins of Damnation for 6+ years and there was endless crazy that happened on those stages.
 
 
What is your definition of clown?
Growing up in Wisconsin my initial experience with Clowns was anything Ringling brought to town. Then I moved to Chicago and learned elements of European Mime and physical theater. So for me I think clowning is the ability to be very expressive with your body and having a strong command of your movements.
 
 
What are some of your favorite memories of working with Stephen (Director/Playwright)?
My favorite memories of Stephen are from working on Sleepy Hollow at City Lit. It was an amazing collaborative experience and Stephen also has a great ability to see what the actors were capable of even if they did not see it themselves.   
 
 
What is in your blue trunk?
All of time and space.
 
 
What's hidden behind your mask?
If I tell you, then it isn't hidden.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment