Friday, October 23, 2009

Chicago Theatre on a Rainy Night

I am going to break with the Play-of-the-Week to tell the story of my night last night. I was sitting in a coffee shop downtown killing time before going to see Steve Martin play his banjo at the Cadillac Palace Theatre when my fiancee interrupted my reading. There at the counter, waiting for his coffee was Nathan Lane looking very handsome in his Gomez Adams moustache.

I am going to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to Mr. Lane for staring, which I did. I obviously made you uncomfortable. So please accept my sincerest apology.


Steve Martin was quite lovely in concert. A huge thanks to Broadway in Chicago for bringing him out for us. It is so lovely to see someone doing something they truly love. We see all the time people who have made their careers and their name doing something they love, but rarely do we see someone who has already succeeded doing something else, be able to take up their second love. Bravo.

One note, however, the lights were awful. Really, really awful. I hope that the regular board operator was out sick or something, because the performance of Steve Martin and the Foggy Canyon Rangers deserved better.


Happy Birthday (October 24): Moss Hart (1904-1961) & F. Murray Abraham (b. 1936)
October 25th: Pablo Picasso (1881-1973)

No comments:

Post a Comment