Monday, June 21, 2010

Shakespeare & Co. Booksellers

The trip to New York City is over but we still have some follow up posts to publish. This one is about my favorite bookstore: Shakespeare & Co. It has several locations around Manhattan, but the one that I enjoy is across the street from TISCH/NYU because of its impressive selection of scripts and musicals. Since Act I shut down in Chicago, the only reliable place to find plays beyond Border's collection of standards has been the internet. Shakespeare & Co. has an entire wall (and it's a big wall) of its downstairs dedicated to scripts. And I don't mean the common published stuff either - the majority of the books are printed by Dramatists or Samuel French.

If you are in New York and enjoy theater scripts, I highly suggest that you check this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment