Monday, January 6, 2014

Artist Profiles: Rachel Molinaro (Choreographer)

What are you most looking forward to in starting the rehearsal process for "Geppetto?"
The talent crammed into this show is incredible! In just the few moments I've seen the actors, I'm blown away by their ability to convey this story so beautifully. If this is how we start the process, the end product with be unbelievable. For me, personally, I'm looking forward to staging the "eaten by a whale" section. Can't wait to figure out how to have two actors enter a giant whale's mouth on stage.

What's the craziest thing you've done on stage?
Danced an entire piece with a full (and very juicy) apple in my mouth. I never thought it would be hard until I started jumping upside down and all around while simultaneously trying to suck on apple juice and not spit at the audience. I've also been a magical dancing rock and a sunglasses-wearing tadpole who just wanted a friend. Just to name a few...

What is your definition of clown?
Clown is a fully embodied state of heightened humanity.

What is your favorite thing about Ghostlight?
In just starting this process, it's definitely the constant clown noses. They're everywhere!

What is in your blue trunk?
My blue trunk has a yellow trunk inside of it and a red trunk inside of that and a green trunk inside of that and a painted shell inside of that and my pet snail inside of that. He's a very sensitive soul.

What are you hiding behind your mask?
Gotham's caped crusader. (Da na na na na na na na...)


 For more information about Geppetto and its process, please visit www.ghostlightchicago.com

No comments:

Post a Comment