Thursday, March 16, 2017

Artist Profiles: Anthony Cary

As the team looks to begin rehearsals next week, we are going to start introducing our wonderful artists to you. First up, Anthony Cary - he will be playing Johnny.

    Why are you excited about Geppetto? I'm looking forward to kinetic storytelling instead of simply hitting cues and saying lines.
      What is your favorite past role? A million years ago I got to play Elwood Dowd in Harvey, and I loved that role because Elwood is such a wonderfully lovable character. He's soft spoken but has a commanding presence, which is really interesting from a performing perspective.
        What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done on stage? I played Duke Orsino in 12th Night and totally face-planted on stage. At the top of the scene. It was extraordinarily bad! Now I always insist that my shoes fit appropriately before I go onstage.

        What are you hiding behind your mask? An undeserved, self-satisfied grin.

        Why do you do theater? The people. I love the challenge of acting, but I wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy the people so much. 

        What’s your favorite thing about working with Broom Street? It's a place that provides opportunities for the unusual, the unexpected, and the untested. How theater should be! And black box acting is far more challenging than other stage layouts. 

        No comments:

        Post a Comment